A hotel is no longer just an appealing establishment that provides a meal, accommodation and other services to its visitors. It offers an experience which begins at the entrance of it. Depending upon how beautifully it has been constructed, the hotel furniture can arouse an awe in the hearts and minds of the guests. The hospitality furniture is designed to provide a style statement to the hotel. But the beauty and style of the hotel room furniture are not favourable if they are dirty and poorly maintained. To keep the lounge chairs, stools, sofas, tables and other elegant hotel furniture always looking at its best, a proper cleaning and maintaining process should be followed. From spot cleaning, vacuuming to shampooing, polishing, and more, here is a list of steps to follow to keep your furniture looking stylish and durable all year round.
1. Fabric Hotel Furniture: For spot cleaning fabric sofas, lounges, chairs and other furniture follow these steps.
· To remove excess moisture use a paper towel and lightly dab it. This will make sure that you do not rub excess dirt or grime into the fabric or vinyl furniture pieces during the cleaning process.
· With the excess dirt gone, apply soap and warm water to a rag and gently rub the spot in a circular motion, rinsing the towel or replacing it as the spot begins to fade. Special cleaners can be used, but only if the hotel furniture manufacturers and suppliers labels say that solution is safe for fabric and vinyl.
· For shampooing of commercial furniture, follow the advice of the supplier. Make sure all detergents and shampoos agree with the furniture in question. That may seem obvious, but many establishments end up ruining their furniture altogether because they fail to remember this very simple tip.
· If you plan to use a spot cleaning solution, even an extremely mild one, apply it to an inconspicuous spot first. This will allow you to see if any bleeding or colour running occurs, in which case you should choose a milder cleaner for cleaning and maintaining your furniture.
2. Wooden Hotel Furniture: Wood being the durable and sturdy piece, so cleaning and polishing a wooden hotel furniture is quite an easy task. They can be maintained and cleaned with their respective cleaning solution. Also, it is advised to polish the chrome or wooden hotel furniture at least once in a month. You can also polish them once in a week if the furniture pieces required it. Make sure that connecting pieces such as plastic seats on wooden framed stacking chairs, should be cleaned adequately with their respective cleaning solutions along with polishing. For plastic and other hard surfaces, soap and water or a mild cleaner can be used.